Without any doubt, getting targeted traffic to your website can be a very challenging task especially in a competitive niche, but getting the right people to your website always pays off in long term. Targeted traffic simply means targeting a specific group to visit your website for a specific purpose (such as buying your products). Less simply, it is targeting a certain group of users based on their geographical location, demographics, interests and even behavioral patterns to visit your website and convert. Your conversion goal can range from increase online sales, product or service trials, newsletter subscriptions, or simply having visitors engage in your website with the hopes of visitor support through your sponsors.
Getting Targeted Traffic to your Website
Here are some awesome and easy ideas for getting targeted traffic to your website.
- Focusing on long tail keywords really need to be your first priority since you can focus your attention on your target while running into less competition. Unfortunately, the days of focusing on main keywords, short keywords and targeting broad phrases are long gone. Now you need to work with long tail keywords that have lesser volume and of course lesser competition. They also allow you to specifically target your audience even better to get visitors with very specific interests to your website.
- Building a forum on your website may sound very involved but you’d be amazed to know how a forum could benefit your website and its ranking in search results. Other than having influence on ranking, forums have many other advantages too; they can help you build a community and reduce the bounce rate. Many website platforms such as WordPress and Joomla have free plug-ins which make forum adding a forum on our website a snap.
- Starting a Facebook page like a forum is about building a community and it can have long term advantages. It’s also much easier to manage. Make sure you talk and link back to your website on your Facebook page.
- Promoting your contents via email is a great idea. This shouldn’t be your primary focus but you can add few links of your existing posts and contents to the email. This technique can generate targeted traffic to your website and also increase sales.
- As mentioned earlier, keywords are important as they help you target audience that is interested in your products and services. However using those keywords effectively and efficiently is the key here. A good and well used keyword help your website or webpage get a higher ranking in search results but ultimately it is your headline that attracts readers. Make sure you put extra efforts into this.
- Linking high quality posts and contents on your blog is a common SEO technique that online marketers and webmasters have been using for years. This way you can help your readers find great contents and it also increases your conversion rate.
- Like linking, guest posting is also a popular technique that webmasters all over the globe use. There are few things about guest posting you must know beforehand. Make sure your contents are of high quality. Posting guest posts on irrelevant platforms or websites is not beneficial but instead it may harm your website ranking. Linking back to your website in a guest post is an effective way to get targeted traffic to your website.
- If you are an expert in your field then try to become a guest contributor on high quality websites. Many website will allow you to link back to your website directly or via your profile.
- Posting new content is very important, but don’t forget to go through older posts and updating them too. This is also vital. Updating older posts doesn’t mean you need to rewrite the articles from scratch but add more contents and update out-dated things.